I recently made an Instagram post about what Spices I was keeping and what Spices I was tossing
For almost 4 months I have been on a plant based routine diet and getting coached by a celebrity trainer for a holistic healing approach to life. It really resonates with me, now more than ever before, what it is we are eating, and how it affects the natural genetics of our body. We are humans, we are part of human nature, we connect with the universe which ultimately means eating the 'universe'. lol #ForReals! Plants and herbs are grown on our earth. Everything we need to heal is provided to us; it's up to us to find it. We just need direction and the 'know' on where to look.
Knowing this, I always look at the ingredient labels now. I did before but now ANYTHING I DON'T RECOGNIZE I research. I took a picture this morning cause I made a salad and I thought I'd read my McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme dressing topper just for the hell of it.
Left Vs. Right
Via my Instagram post the right contains ingredients such as: calcium stearate, silicon dioxide, calcium silicate (added to make free flowing) omg! FD&C yellow 5 lake. Cows milk, dairy, lactose, nonfat milk solids (which adds to inflammation build up in our bodies) , citric acid, natural flavors, and unrefined herbs.
What are these spices we don't recognize ?
I went ahead and did my own research. I looked at a few websites, the sources, and decided on these. It had all the important information, and one was medically reviewed by Debra Rose Wilson who is PHD, MSN, RN, IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT. I trust this one. I'm summarizing...
1) Silicon Dioxide = silicon (Si) and Oxygen (O2) make silicon dioxide. It's already on our earth. When we're at the beach it's silicon dioxide that gets between our toes. Its even found naturally in the tissue of our bodies. It's unclear what role it plays and it's thought to be an essential nutrient in our bodies. Or so they think? Well They don't really know.. I'll get this naturally through plants and water since that is also where it is found and also what I'm already doing. I drink over a gallon of water a day and eat plants all day so I'm covered!
2) Calcium Stearate = After reading about this on the Livestrong Website ... Too much of this can cause toxicity, stomach pain, gastrointestinal issues, and it's also found in cosmetics and plastic products. That's all I need to to say about that one. I'm convinced!
3) Calcium Silicate = Reading this website which consist of academic and education Journals and the like; Calcium Silicate absorbs 2 1/2 times its rate of water. If you add Hydrochloric Acid (HCI) it then forms a gel. That's really all I need to know but if you want to read further go to the actual site I went to. Encyclopedia.com
OMG!! MY NEW REVELATION... SILICON BREAST IMPLANTS !
It's amazing what a little research can do! I just now realized this and I'm sharing it all with youuuu! So exciting ..
Okay back to the ingredients ...
4) FD&C Yellow 5 = Well after entering this into Google search bar and reading all the different tabs I could have clicked on and reading through the page descriptions, WOW! JUST WOW! Just enter this into your Google search bar and see for yourself... >>>> Stopkillingmykids.com ...AKA Tetrazine, food coloring dye, banned in Norway/Austria/and some European countries, avoid it like a plague (OMG), synthetic produced from petroleum, I mean I'm just summarizing a whole page of google clickable tabs I could have chose. I didn't even have to choose one.
5) It also contains some dairy products. Cows milk, lactose, nonfat milk solids. All which are acidic proteins and add to inflammation build up in our bodies. We are alkaline living human beings. We need natural water, natural sunlight, plants, energy, electricity ( meaning Sea Salt, Himalayan Sea salt... NOT TABLE SALT**) We are naturally Alkalized human beings. Alkaline(healthy) and Acidic(unhealthy) are the two tipping points on a scale. Which side are we going to choose? Anything unnatural effects us somehow. It's not right away. It happens after years of abuse. An illness, cancer, Alzheimers, lung cancer, heart problems, depression, confusion, colon cancer, prostate, ... years of inflammation will eventually add up to something much larger then the small stuff.
**Take a look at your table salt ingredient list
So what do we learn from all this?
A lot! We learn about our health, we learn about what's important to us, what is good for us, and what will benefit us. Most importantly we are little more aware of what exactly these ingredients are. And I learned about what I need to toss in the trash! #lol #whynot
Hi I'm Shelly and I love fitness, health and random things! I crave information and sometimes its good enough to share. Check the 'About Me' tab for more info!
Up-to-date Photo Love
tweet a leak