Yesterday was my gym day and after about a week without squatting with a bar, and not feeling it in my legs, I crave that bar! Gotta keep my booty and legs toned. I work out to keep toned and women gain strength more then muscle. It's genetically how we are made with our hormones and testosterone levels. If you consistently lift weights, you will see greater muscle mass because you're not giving your muscles enough time to drain blood out. Therefore, muscles will appear larger then they really are. How do I know this? Because I'm studying for my Personal Training Certification. Is that my goal? No. Is it my goal to share information online? Yes. I like a mental challenge and I'm doing the online route because my schedule is hectic and that was something I learned while reading. Blood in the muscles! (FYI with my experience: I've been working out for 16 years, gymnastics and dance before that) CLick Below to view my workout!
Here was my yesterday-workout at :
1. I began by walking my dog before the gym lol. 15 mins on the coast with a stop at each bench to do 1 set of 20 abs. Since there were 3 benches I did 3 sets. The whole point is the warm up your body! Get your muscles ready. (and of course so my lil Rocco can do his thing)
2. Now stretch! Now is the time to stretch after your body is warm. Your muscles will thank you. You want to stretch them when they are warm, not cold, before doing any resistance training to prevent injury and/or discomfort. NOW YOU'RE READY!
YOU CAN DO THIS AT THE GYM TOO
3. I THEN DROVE TO THE GYM : LA FITNESS (Rocco slept in my car- Good boy)
I warmed up a little more because of my high energy:
4. NOW TO THAT BAR lol ... The Bar I Been Craving. Below, the picture to the left, is what I use with 10 lbs on each side (the bar alone weighs 10-15lbs) I use this rack because it's free weight I have total control over the motion of the bar. Use the bar that's connected to the machine if you are a beginner. Start there.
5. I then did a set of 20 lat pulldowns with 20lbs on each side. The machine looks like this... Below (random google photo here)
7. Now stretch and go home! If you want to post any comments below or have any questions feel free.
Hi I'm Shelly and I love fitness, health and random things! I crave information and sometimes its good enough to share. Check the 'About Me' tab for more info!
Up-to-date Photo Love
tweet a leak